The Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials and National Forensic Service Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Date : 2021.04.21
- Hit : 259
□ The Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (hereinafter the “CIO,” Chief Prosecutor Kim Jin-wook) and the National Forensic Service (hereinafter the “NFS”, Director Park Nam-gyu) held an MOU signing ceremony at 16:30, on April 21 (Wed) in order to take a scientific approach to investigations of crimes committed by high-ranking officials through mutual cooperation.
□ The main terms of this MOU are that the two organizations shall cooperate in the following four areas:
1. Field of scientific investigation, such as digital forensics
2. Matters concerning the exchange of academic and technical information on scientific investigations and development of appraisal techniques
3. Training in scientific investigations and physical infrastructure support for specialists
4. Other tasks deemed necessary for cooperation and development of the organizations
□ The CIO stated that this MOU will be of great help in future investigations of crimes committed by high-ranking officials as it provides for the sharing of experiences in the field of scientific investigations, such as digital forensics by the NFS, etc., and human/physical infrastructure.
- Prev. Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials is Finally Launched (January 21) - Simplified to Inauguration, Signboard Hanging and Opening Ceremony in Light of Covid-19 Pandemic -
- Next. The Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials and Korean Institute of Criminology and Justice sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)