The Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials and Korean Institute of Criminology and Justice sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Date : 2021.06.10
- Hit : 450
□ The Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials (hereinafter the “CIO,” Chief Prosecutor Kim Jin-wook) and the Korean Institute of Criminology and Justice (President Han In-sup) signed a memorandum of understanding at 15:00, on June 10 (Thurs), for the purpose of exchanging information in the academicㆍresearch field and strengthening cooperation in the establishment of effective response strategies against corruption and crimes by high-ranking officials.
□ The main terms of this memorandum of understanding are that the two organizations shall cooperate in the following areas:
1. Promotion of joint research projects, such as research services, etc. and holding of joint academic conferences
2. Consultations on policy tasks and exchange of policy views
3. Personal exchanges for research or training purposes, lectures, etc.
4. Facilitation of investigations and provision of relevant information and data for research purposes
5. Exchange of research materials, publications and collections
6. Mutual cooperation in crime analysis, amendment of statutes, improvement of systems and statistical work
7. Cooperation in the selection of tasks requested by the Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials, etc. at the time of selecting research tasks
8. Any other matter falling under 1.~7. that requires mutual cooperation
□ As CIO is now able to share the Korean Institute of Criminology and Justice’s investigation and research capability and experience in the field of criminalㆍjudicial policies and human/physical infrastructure, it will be of great assistance in future investigations of crimes committed by high-ranking officials,
O Further, the CIO disclosed that it expects to be able to enhance the transparency of the nation and trust in public offices based upon the theoretical foundation established through mutual cooperation with the Korean Institute of Criminology and Justice.
- Prev. The Corruption Investigation Office for High-ranking Officials and National Forensic Service Sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- Next. Forensic Training Held for CIO Prosecutors·Investigators and NFS - 30 people attended, including Director-General for the purpose of enhancing investigative capacity-